Annual Free Rabies Clinic
The 2020 free rabies clinic is scheduled for November 6th from 4:30 PM - 7:30 PM at Hose Company #1.
Lincoln Park residents only 4:30 - 6:00 PM
Montville/All others 6:00 -7:30 PM
If you cannot make the Lincoln Park clinic click here for a list of other free clinics in Morris County:
Morris County Free Rabies Clinics 2020
Dog Licensing / Registration Tag / Immunization
Any person who shall own, keep or harbor or suffer the keeping or harboring of any dog of licensing age within the borough shall, in the month of January and annually thereafter, apply for and procure from the Health Department a license and official registration tag.
The fee for the tag is $20 for each neutered or spayed dog and $23 for dogs, which have not been spayed or neutered. There is a late fee of $15 for applications imposed starting February 1st of the licensing year.. All dogs over the age of 6 months must have a rabies vaccination and must be licensed. Residents may not keep or harbor more than 5 dogs and/or cats without a kennel license.
Kennel Permits cost $35 annually.
If your dog's license tag is lost you can obtain a replacement license for a $1 fee.
At the time of acquiring the license and registration tag, the applicant shall present proof that the dog has been immunized against rabies, which by NJ State Law must be valid through October 31st of the licensing year.
Dog licenses cannot be renewed until after December 31 of the previous year.
Benefits of Dog Licensure
Licensing dogs and placing the license on the dog's collar has many benefits for the dog owner, as well as for the citizens, including the following benefits:
- Licensed dogs are vaccinated against rabies (with some exceptions explained below) and those with current license tags on their collars are considered generally protected from the disease.
- A licensed dog that wanders off the owner's property or gets lost can be traced and quickly returned to its owner by animal control officers.
- When persons are bitten by a licensed dog, the owner is usually found and the dog is placed under a 10 day confinement and observation that will prevent the victim from needing to begin rabies prophylaxis.
- Dog licensing is mandatory in all New Jersey municipalities and the licensing fee is much less than the fines and penalties for having unlicensed dogs.
- License fees support animal control, animal sheltering and rabies control activities within the municipality.
- Dog licensing fees help fund testing of suspect rabid wildlife, the free state sponsored municipal rabies vaccination clinics and the state operated low cost spay and neuter program.
Exemption of Vaccination by Veterinarians
Municipal dog licensing officials shall grant an exemption to the rabies inoculation requirement for any dog that a licensed veterinarian certifies in writing to be incapable of being inoculated because of an infirmity, other physical condition, or regimen of therapy (N.J.A.C.8:23A-4.3). The NJDOH recommends re vaccination of dogs and cats prior to expiration of the previous vaccination to ensure an overlap of immunity. Re-vaccinating animals prior to the expiration of the duration of immunity has not been associated with an increased occurrence of adverse reactions and is not a valid reason to exempt a dog from vaccination.
Chickens and Hens
The Borough of Lincoln Park requires a license for the raising, keeping and maintaining of chickens/hens. The annual fee is $25.
Chicken/Hen License Application
Lincoln Park does NOT license cats.
To Report Animal Cruelty
Clean Up After Your Pet
Many municipalities and public agencies must enact and enforce local pet-waste rules. An example is requiring pet owners or their keepers to pick up and properly dispose of pet waste dropped on public or other people's property.
Make sure you know your town's requirements for waste removal and comply with them. It's the law. Please remember to use newspaper, bags or pooper scoopers to pick up pet waste. Dispose of the wrapped pet waste in the trash or unwrapped in a toilet. Never discard pet waste in a storm drains.
Thank you for your cooperation!