Now you can access your tax, water and sewer information and pay online (additional fees apply). View tax or utility account information.
Functions of the Tax Collector
- Receive and collect all current and delinquent real and personal property taxes and charges, receive penalties and interest pursuant to law and account for all collections in such form and manner and at such time as may be prescribed by the Treasurer
- Make or cause to be made and certify searches for taxes and other liens on real property in the borough as may be authorized by law and charge and collect for the use of the borough the fee required for any such search pursuant to law
- Perform the functions of a Collector of Taxes under general law, including, without limitations thereto, the preparation and mailing of tax bills and the maintenance of tax accounting records in such manner as may be prescribed or approved by the Treasurer; and assist the Division of Assessments in the preparation of the annual tax list and duplicate
- Deposit daily to the credit of the Borough all money received in 1 or more depositories selected by the council, maintain full and complete records and accounts of all sums collected and received according to such procedure and systems as may be prescribed or approved by the Treasurer and make such monthly reports and accounting of the funds of the borough collected, received and deposited as may be required, which reports and accounts shall be filed as a public record and accounts shall be filed as a public record with the Borough Clerk
- Compute and record sewer charges, if any, as required by ordinance
- Maintain books and records to record all charges, payments, credits and delinquencies in sewer and miscellaneous accounts
NEW OPTION TO MAKE TAX PAYMENTS
The Borough of Lincoln, Tax Collector’s Office offers an ACH bank draft program (direct withdrawal) to our taxpayers. This service assures your payment will be received in a timely manner as well as providing a safe and secure way to pay your taxes and utility bill without the worry of mail delivery or coming in to pay in person.
We do not draft from savings or equity accounts. You may enroll or cancel at any time, provided a completed authorization form is received at least two weeks prior to the scheduled draft dates.
If you would like to enroll in this program, please complete the entire authorization form (“Direct Withdraw Form”). Be sure to attach a voided check and mail it to the address on the form. Incomplete applications will delay enrollment.