5K - October 17, 2020
The Lincoln Park Mayor’s Wellness Campaign is pleased to announce that we are partnering with the Pequannock Valley Rotary for the Beavertown / PV Rotary 5K on Saturday, October 17, 2020. #LPPVRinittogether
The Pequannock Valley Rotary sponsors an annual race that is usually held in June, but has decided to partner with the Borough of Lincoln Park to combine our races this year!
COVID-19 has changed so many of our lives in so many ways, the way we eat, the way we shop, the way we learn, the way we simply greet each day or say hello to each other. The Borough and the Rotary made a decision to move forward with their annual 5ks as we are confident that we can safely allow two traditions to continue, even during the pandemic.
The proceeds of this year’s event will be divided between the Borough of Lincoln Park and the Pequannock Valley Rotary. Both organizations have earmarked the proceeds for COVID-19 Relief, which may include food donations to our food pantries or emergency help to local families or businesses.
On-line registration is suggested https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/LincolnPark/lincolnparkpvr5k, but paper forms are also available. If you are submitting a paper entry it must be received by the Lincoln Park Recreation Department by 8am on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 to allow ample time for processing with the race timing company.
SAME DAY REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19
ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED. THE RACE DIRECTOR AND TIMING COMPANY, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FOLLOW THESE RULES, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS RACE.
1. All runners required to wear masks/face covering pre-race and post-race. Race staff will wear masks full time.
2. There will be ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY and there will be absolutely NO Race Day Registration.
3. Check-in will be done onsite with social distancing guidelines in place. Runner bags with names on them will be placed on a table and you will pick up your corresponding bag. You may pick-up your shirt and runner's bib on Friday, October 16, 2020 from 10am - 8pm at the LP PAL/Community Center located at 10 Boonton Tpke., Lincoln Park, NJ 07035.
4. No water will be supplied - runners required to BYO
5. Hand sanitizer/soap & water at bathrooms located inside the PAL/Community Center. Runners/Walkers must wear masks when using and there will be 6-ft spacing marked on waiting lines.
6. Start “line” replaced by grid - runners stand on marked spots at 6 ft. spacing and runners will be allowed to start every 5-10 seconds. If you have immediate family members that you live with, you can start together. Your bib number will be your starting order, i.e. bib 1 will go 1st, Bib 2, will go 2nd, etc.
7. Walkers will not be timed and will start their 2-mile walk after all runners have advanced through the start line.
8. Chip timing will be used and all awards calculated based on Chip Time, NOT GUN TIME!
9. Runners “encouraged” to leave finish area ASAP. No congregating in groups afterward.
10. Results will be streamed live and no paper results will be printed.
11. During the race runners may be asked to adhere to a “no drafting” rule similar to triathlons, I.e. they must maintain a 6-ft. separation from runners they pass or are passed by.
12. Awards will be presented outside the PAL Building at 11am and will be streamed via Lincoln Park Facebook page and Pequannock Valley Rotary Facebook page.
13. There will be a cap of 250 registrants.
Packet Pick-Up will be at the LP PAL/Community Center located at 10 Boonton Tpke., Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
Check-in will be done onsite with social distancing guidelines in place.
Runner bags with names on them will be placed on a table and you will pick up your corresponding bag.
SAVE TIME ON RACE DAY - PICK UPI YOUR PACKET ON FRIDAY AND GO STRAIGHT TO START LINE ON SATURDAY MORNING: You may pick-up your shirt and runner's bib on Friday, October 16, 2020 from 10am - 8pm at the LP PAL/Community Center located at 10 Boonton Tpke., Lincoln Park, NJ 070